Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518
February 09, 2010, 10:20:41 PMLatest Member: BRiCKS
Tha Corner » Tha Corner » Heartbreak Hotel »  (Moderators: cHIVe, Blood-Raiyne Threezie, The Mad Hatter)Beating your kids.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beating your kids.  (Read 616 times)
PA State Of Mind
Nino Brown
Get Money, Ball Hard !!!

Email
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 11:35:35 PM »

i'm gon beat my kids up.

One Hand In The Air For The Best Forum
Layout And Site All Lookin Pretty
No Site On The Net That Compare
Put Your Lighters In The Air Everybody Say
YEEEEEEAAAAAA YEEEEEEAAAAAA
In ThaCorner
Concrete Forum Where Dreams Are Made Of, There's Nothing You Can't Do
These Threads Will Make You Feel Brand New, These Post Will Inspire You, Here In ThaCorneeerrrrr

Welcome Ladies And Gentlemen To The 8th Wonder Of ThaCorner
The Sig O' The Century...Oh It's Timeless..PA!
Thanks For Comin' Out Tonight
You Coulda Been Readin' Any Sig In The World, But You're Readin' Mines......I Appreciate That
takemypimphand
Nino Brown

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:57 PM »

i'm gon beat my kids up.
haymakers or strictly slaps and jabs?

Touch�
Mods
Manolo

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »

Growing up I was never hit. I was mainly raised by grandparents and they're old fashioned. My grandma did the disciplining, and all she had to do was raise her voice for us to listen up and behave. At least I did. Shit, she still has us shook. Hearing the stories about getting smacked in the mouth with a spatula were enough to keep me in line.

So, I always said I wouldn't hit my kid but, when he bit me because he couldn't play with wires he wasn't supposed to...*smack* went on his bottom. And, since then, he hasn't bitten anyone. I tried the "talking to them all stern", but my kid seems like a whole different breed with all kinds of attitude. I can't stand bratty misbehaved kids who throw a fit and try to fight their parents because they can't have their way.

Maybe that time out stuff works for some kids, but not mine, he needs a good smack on his butt from time to time.

Sometimes I need what only you can provide; your absence.
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
I'm sending shots, it's happy hour
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 12:23:21 AM »

Maybe that time out stuff works for some kids, but not mine, he needs a good smack on his butt from time to time.

And this is a parent speaking

Chapter Black's Black Panels Comic (which may feature you). Arc One:
/forums/index.php?topic=5519.0 

Paul Bearer's Weekly NFL Discussion
http://paulbearerssportsdiscussion.blogspot.com/
harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »

And this is a parent speaking
She also said she tried the alternative glynn beck

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
For all who want to help plan or go to the retreat:
/forums/index.php?board=27.0
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »

She also said she tried the alternative glynn beck

rofl @ me being glenn beck

I guess i should call you Sarah Palin for misspelling that?

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »

rofl @ me being glenn beck

I guess i should call you Sarah Palin for misspelling that?
My bad my exs name is glynn so it auto-corrected it based off my phone book.

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson
Infinite power... The Age Of Doom has begun

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »

I'm with harley. I'd never beat my children and if you think that's the only solution/punishment that works, you're wrong. The majority of the kids don't need to be beaten at all, they just need to corrected immediately and hard. Now I was born mellow, but my brother was kind of a troublemaker. Neither of us was beaten and we both came out fine. My parents didn't have to beat us because they simply knew how to get through to us and make us feel bad/guilty whenever we did something. But above all, they had one trick, the vulcan pinch. If we were acting up too much (in public or not), my dad would pinch us on a spot somewhere in the shoulder blade that's extremely sensitive. Just pinching that spot was enough to shut me and my brother up because it was like your entire body just gave out for a second.

I don't care what justifications you create for yourself, beating your child is not and should never be the first solution, nor the second or the third. There are many ways that work and if you think those are exceptions, they're not exceptions of non-beating working out, they're exceptions of good parenting, something that's seriously lacking these days.

Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

My bad my exs name is glynn so it auto-corrected it based off my phone book.

Understandable.  I'm assuming english isn't your first language though

And surprise, surprise at Doom saying "I'm with Harley."  When are you not with Harley on the messageboard?  rofl

Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 12:56:28 AM »

And surprise, surprise at Doom saying "I'm with Harley."  When are you not with Harley on the messageboard?  rofl

The Mad Hatter
Manolo

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »

No disrespect but im gonna need a actual parent to come in and Co-sign dip or harley, they say beating is a horrible way to raise kids and they feel very strongly about it but neither of them have kids i was giving beatings as a kid and turned out just fine I just knew that whatever i got beat for was the wrong thing to do.

In honor of Black History month Animania spotlights Black anime characters, every week i will be switching up my avatar to highlight a different black anime character.

This week:Casca (Berserk)
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »

Facepalm indeed

Arii
Not Your Favorite Admin.
Administrator
Frank Lucas
Not your favorite Admin.
Arii+Price
Email
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 12:58:40 AM »

I'm with harley. I'd never beat my children and if you think that's the only solution/punishment that works, you're wrong. The majority of the kids don't need to be beaten at all, they just need to corrected immediately and hard. Now I was born mellow, but my brother was kind of a troublemaker. Neither of us was beaten and we both came out fine. My parents didn't have to beat us because they simply knew how to get through to us and make us feel bad/guilty whenever we did something. But above all, they had one trick, the vulcan pinch. If we were acting up too much (in public or not), my dad would pinch us on a spot somewhere in the shoulder blade that's extremely sensitive. Just pinching that spot was enough to shut me and my brother up because it was like your entire body just gave out for a second.

I don't care what justifications you create for yourself, beating your child is not and should never be the first solution, nor the second or the third. There are many ways that work and if you think those are exceptions, they're not exceptions of non-beating working out, they're exceptions of good parenting, something that's seriously lacking these days.

Excuse me Doom, but... Fuck outta here.

The idea of soft parenting, typically employed by white people (no slight to you) bears little fruit and it's nothing new, or unproven. Corrective action through spanking is the most reliable method of teaching and reinforcing respect in a household.

If you would care to come to America, we can set an experiment up. I'd be glad to, because this passive Parenthood thing folks are suggesting is laughable, and where I'm from, kids will laugh at you for even thinking it will work.  It's empathetic to the feelings of children, but entirely unrealistic when aimed at the majority.

In essence, my first sentence.... Fuck outta here.

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 01:02:40 AM »

Really?

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »

Excuse me Doom, but... Fuck outta here.

The idea of soft parenting, typically employed by white people (no slight to you) bears little fruit and it's nothing new, or unproven. Corrective action through spanking is the most reliable method of teaching and reinforcing respect in a household.

If you would care to come to America, we can set an experiment up. I'd be glad to, because this passive Parenthood thing folks are suggesting is laughable, and where I'm from, kids will laugh at you for even thinking it will work.  It's empathetic to the feelings of children, but entirely unrealistic when aimed at the majority.

In essence, my first sentence.... Fuck outta here.

How do you mean soft parenting? You think my parents were soft on me or my brother? Not beating your child doesn't mean you're soft, there are enough other ways to go hard on your kids without physically hurting them. You need to reconsider if you think it's the only solution that can present results.

And Clayton, you don't know shit about me and harley so fuck outta here with your bullshit.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: