Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518
February 09, 2010, 09:22:02 PMLatest Member: BRiCKS
Tha Corner » Tha Corner » Heartbreak Hotel »  (Moderators: cHIVe, Blood-Raiyne Threezie, The Mad Hatter)Beating your kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beating your kids.  (Read 613 times)
harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 01:06:14 AM »

Do any of ya'll actually read what I type or do you have some sort of mental illness that results in selective reading?

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
For all who want to help plan or go to the retreat:
/forums/index.php?board=27.0
The Mad Hatter
Manolo

Email
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 01:06:32 AM »

How do you mean soft parenting? You think my parents were soft on me or my brother? Not beating your child doesn't mean you're soft, there are enough other ways to go hard on your kids without physically hurting them. You need to reconsider if you think it's the only solution that can present results.

And Clayton, you don't know shit about me and harley so fuck outta here with your bullshit.
what are some of those ways?

In honor of Black History month Animania spotlights Black anime characters, every week i will be switching up my avatar to highlight a different black anime character.

This week:Casca (Berserk)
Arii
Not Your Favorite Admin.
Administrator
Frank Lucas
Not your favorite Admin.
Arii+Price
Email
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »

How do you mean soft parenting? You think my parents were soft on me or my brother? Not beating your child doesn't mean you're soft, there are enough other ways to go hard on your kids without physically hurting them. You need to reconsider if you think it's the only solution that can present results.

And Clayton, you don't know shit about me and harley so fuck outta here with your bullshit.

Theres absolutely no other logical way to be "hard" on children except to take their amenities. It does absolutely nothing for their behavior except on a surface level.

This is why so many children are wild, loose, and have very little respect for their parents or anyone else. They weren't smacked upside the fuckin head as a child to let them know shit doesn't operate like that.

As a parent, you are there to guide them. Talking simply does not handle issues all the time, especially with an unruly child. I've seen it more times than I can count. Time out is bullshit. It does not work. Soft parenting in general is failure.

Kids are like pets. They are to be trained and guided. Do you talk softly to a kitten when it shits in the corner? No. You rub its nose in it. A couple more nose rubs in shit and it learns to use the litterbox. Children are absolutely no different.

Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson
Infinite power... The Age Of Doom has begun

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2010, 01:10:20 AM »

what are some of those ways?

My parents were king of the guilt trip. They would stop at nothing to make you feel so guilty and ashamed (preferably in front of everyone) that you'd think twice about doing something that'd make you feel so bad. I actually believe they went overboard with me because my brother was kind of a troublemaker and because I got the same treatment, I'm still quick to feel guilty over some things. But in my brother's case it worked like a charm and shaming is backed up by studies to be extremely effective in parenting because kids are extremely vulnerable of what other people think of them.

Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
I'm sending shots, it's happy hour
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »

I know you're a self admitted simp who has a tendency to c/s almost everything she says.  Sound familiar?

Wasn't it you who typed out a thread about taking her from Threezie before the new year? I thought so.

Chapter Black's Black Panels Comic (which may feature you). Arc One:
/forums/index.php?topic=5519.0 

Paul Bearer's Weekly NFL Discussion
http://paulbearerssportsdiscussion.blogspot.com/
The Mad Hatter
Manolo

Email
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2010, 01:15:06 AM »

My parents were king of the guilt trip. They would stop at nothing to make you feel so guilty and ashamed (preferably in front of everyone) that you'd think twice about doing something that'd make you feel so bad. I actually believe they went overboard with me because my brother was kind of a troublemaker and because I got the same treatment, I'm still quick to feel guilty over some things. But in my brother's case it worked like a charm and shaming is backed up by studies to be extremely effective in parenting because kids are extremely vulnerable of what other people think of them.
lmao yea like Arii said that shit aint gonna work, you or your bro might be rare acceptions, but more often than not kids are selfish and dont give a fuck, Ima be real if my mother took that "if you do bad mommy's gonna be really upset" attitude with me i would have ran all over her and i wasnt even a bad kid.

In honor of Black History month Animania spotlights Black anime characters, every week i will be switching up my avatar to highlight a different black anime character.

Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 01:17:32 AM »

Theres absolutely no other logical way to be "hard" on children except to take their amenities. It does absolutely nothing for their behavior except on a surface level.

This is why so many children are wild, loose, and have very little respect for their parents or anyone else. They weren't smacked upside the fuckin head as a child to let them know shit doesn't operate like that.

As a parent, you are there to guide them. Talking simply does not handle issues all the time, especially with an unruly child. I've seen it more times than I can count. Time out is bullshit. It does not work. Soft parenting in general is failure.

Kids are like pets. They are to be trained and guided. Do you talk softly to a kitten when it shits in the corner? No. You rub its nose in it. A couple more nose rubs in shit and it learns to use the litterbox. Children are absolutely no different.

You keep talking like there's only two ways. Beating your kid and being soft. But in between those two is a large area of shit you can do. I would make my kids feel the wrath of God if they pull some shit, but I don't consider beating a strong solution. Maybe it's because in my family nobody ever got beaten and we're all fine, but I'd never consider beating your child good parenting, especially beating as a first solution. I'm not saying I might not give my children a corrective slap one day when they pull some major bullshit but it won't be my first reaction.

I know you're a self admitted simp who has a tendency to c/s almost everything she says.  Sound familiar?

Wasn't it you who typed out a thread about taking her from Threezie before the new year? I thought so.

I was a self admitted simp. If I co-sign harley it's because I agree with her. We tend to agree a lot. That's partly what I like about her.

Yes, I did. I also lol'd with it in case you missed that.

Just Thowd
Frank Lucas
back to normal for now
keeph8tinh0
Email
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »

smh plain and simple whoop  ass save a child i remember when my son was in the 5th grade he slid this girl in the cafeteria and they called me during class to tell me i left school drove across town and went to his school took him in the techers lounge and  gave him the choice get his ass whooped and go back to class or go home with me for the rest of the day best believe he took the ass whoopin where his classmates could hear him and i never got called back to the school again and he has since learned to channel his anger thru football he is a mean ass defensive lineman i tell you that but i dont get no more calls from
school either

1st black female serial killer.....U Mad, how bout you charge me?

C.B.C.
harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 01:20:28 AM »

Do any of the "alternative punishments don't work" people have any. PROOF beyond "I saw it"? Like a study you read oor anything?

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
For all who want to help plan or go to the retreat:
/forums/index.php?board=27.0
MM
Manolo

Email
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 01:21:19 AM »

I haven't entered the stage of parenthood yet.  But once upon a time, I was a kid.   And for me at least......being put in "time out", glares, shouting, being "stern", even slaps on the wrists.  My parents tried that shit on me.  And it never worked.  I wasn't affected by any of that.  Every time my parents tried those kinds of disciplinary means, I'd keep doing the same shit I was doing before because I knew the worst I was gonna get was a tongue lashing and a pathetic attempt by my parents to make me feel bad for what I did.

They eventually caught on though and when I fucked up bad, I got the belt.  Multiple times.  And when I did something unforgivable, I got thrown down to the floor and decked in the face.  Did I like it then?  Fuck no.  But I learned my lessons.  Don't do stupid shit, don't get your face punched in.

Now I don't think this is the first solution to all the problems you have with your kids.  But if you're dealing with a kid as hard headed as I was, you gotta get through to him somehow.

"The greatest thing about quotes on the Internet is that you can give credit to anyone and no one will notice or care" -George Washington

K-State basketball
19-4 (SMMFH)
#9 in the nation
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 01:22:34 AM »

I was a self admitted simp. If I co-sign harley it's because I agree with her. We tend to agree a lot. That's partly what I like about her.

Yes, I did. I also lol'd with it in case you missed that.

You co-sign because you're a simp, period dude.  Simps generally agree with females.  Especially the females they simp ya know. Grow a backbone before you end up in a skirt and heels.  rofl

I LOL, period.

Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 01:23:09 AM »

lmao yea like Arii said that shit aint gonna work, you or your bro might be rare acceptions, but more often than not kids are selfish and dont give a fuck, Ima be real if my mother took that "if you do bad mommy's gonna be really upset" attitude with me i would have ran all over her and i wasnt even a bad kid.

See, but that's not how it went. Because what you say is indeed some soft shit. Our parents would drag our asses through the mud and make us so embarassed you would think twice of doing it again. But then again, my parents could shame our friends into stop doing bullshit as well because they were hardcore like that. One of our friends would say "fuck" or "shit" and my dad would peek around the corner saying "What was that?" and they'd just shut up because they knew he could destroy them. Maybe my parents were exceptions but they never had to lay their hands on me except for the little shoulder pinch that would send shivers through your body and shut you up instantly.

Dr Doom
Mods
Bumpy Johnson

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »

You co-sign because you're a simp, period dude.  Simps generally agree with females.  Especially the females they simp ya know. Grow a backbone before you end up in a skirt and heels.  rofl

I LOL, period.

Like I said, you don't know shit about me and harley if that's what you believe. And if you think you can take me out of this argument just by continuing to use this argument, I'm not even going to respond to you anymore. Because while I drop arguments, explanations and reasons, you continue to act like a child. Grow up.

The Mad Hatter
Manolo

Email
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 01:27:30 AM »

See, but that's not how it went. Because what you say is indeed some soft shit. Our parents would drag our asses through the mud and make us so embarassed you would think twice of doing it again. But then again, my parents could shame our friends into stop doing bullshit as well because they were hardcore like that. One of our friends would say "fuck" or "shit" and my dad would peek around the corner saying "What was that?" and they'd just shut up because they knew he could destroy them. Maybe my parents were exceptions but they never had to lay their hands on me except for the little shoulder pinch that would send shivers through your body and shut you up instantly.
see i was a smart kid not saying you and your brother were done, but if was to say "fuck" and my father peeped around the corner and said "what was that?" and i knew the nigga wasnt gonna hit me I would have shouted "ANY MOTHA FUCKIN WAY!" just to try the nigga cause there is nothing they could say that would put any fear in me other than i will beat your ass.

Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »

Like I said, you don't know shit about me and harley if that's what you believe. And if you think you can take me out of this argument just by continuing to use this argument, I'm not even going to respond to you anymore. Because while I drop arguments, explanations and reasons, you continue to act like a child. Grow up.

rofl @ me being the child here

I stand on my own dude.  You won't respond because you're a simp, which is a good thing for both of us.

All you do is piggyback.  You've presented no new data or info here. 

rofl @ e-simping being based off of reason.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: