Click here to send us your inquires or call (852) 36130518
February 09, 2010, 09:46:17 PMLatest Member: BRiCKS
Tha Corner » Tha Corner » Heartbreak Hotel »  (Moderators: cHIVe, Blood-Raiyne Threezie, The Mad Hatter)The Lady's Lounge
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lady's Lounge  (Read 1820 times)
harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:35 PM »

Hell naw the alternative wasn't tested on me.  My folks new better than that, and plenty of peers who weren't spanked ended in bad situations.  Dead, in jail, kicked out of the house, or abused the parents.

What do you mean how many times?  If i didn't do the work i got my ass spanked.  Spanking have no time limit girl.  You get spanked until it stops.  And that went on until I knew to do the work on my own.  The lesson was learned because in life you get spanked for not doing what you're supposed to do, too.  Just not by someone who cares about you.
Clayton you got spanked until you learned to do your homework, so imma go ahead and said most likely over 10 times. So the first few times it really did nothing. You had to keep getting hit until you submitted to the will of someone else. C'mon man, you can't just say they knew it wouldn't work cause they never tried it, for all you know them trying alternative punishments might have worked. You have no stone cold proof beyond what you've "seen", the same way I don't.

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
For all who want to help plan or go to the retreat:
/forums/index.php?board=27.0
Felix Felicis
Frank Lucas
turtleman730
Email
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »

Here's a song totally appropiate for this conversation btw

ghostface killah - whip you with a strap - Fishscale

1 Diamond Thread
1 4x Platinum Thread
8 Platinum Threads
12 Gold Threads
3 Locked Threads

Top 10 Favorite Rappers:
1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. Nas
4. Common
5. AZ
6. Notorious B.I.G.
7. Talib Kweli
8. Kool G Rap
9. Masta Ace
10. Lupe Fiasco

"I put my hand on my heart, that means I feel ya/Real recognize real and you lookin familiar." - Jay-Z

DeAnn is the GOAT, you mad?

The LNC stays winning.

Join me on my Musical Trip to the South:
/forums/index.php?topic=7062.0
The Mad Hatter
Manolo

Email
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »

I didn't say one has to be comepletely peaceful, but you gotta balance it. You can't be Ghandi but you can't be *insert overly violent person's name here* either.

I just wish I knew when to become peaceful before it was too late.
yea you cant go around lookin for trouble if you do that you gonna run into some you dont want, especially if you aint really that kind of person, you just got to know how not to fight the world, and know how to read people if you pay close enough attention you can read the ones that honestly have a problem with you and the ones that are just tryin you just because, if a nigga really has a problem with you, you can probably need to get in a area where its just you and him and yall can talk that shit down especially if its a misunderstanding, if a nigga is just being a bully...yea smack fire out of him and you should have no problems.

In honor of Black History month Animania spotlights Black anime characters, every week i will be switching up my avatar to highlight a different black anime character.

This week:Casca (Berserk)
Felix Felicis
Frank Lucas
turtleman730
Email
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

yea you cant go around lookin for trouble if you do that you gonna run into some you dont want, especially if you aint really that kind of person, you just got to know how not to fight the world, and know how to read people if you pay close enough attention you can read the ones that honestly have a problem with you and the ones that are just tryin you just because, if a nigga really has a problem with you, you can probably need to get in a area where its just you and him and yall can talk that shit down especially if its a misunderstanding, if a nigga is just being a bully...yea smack fire out of him and you should have no problems.

Yea...I'm just glad those days are behind me now.

1 Diamond Thread
1 4x Platinum Thread
8 Platinum Threads
12 Gold Threads
3 Locked Threads

Top 10 Favorite Rappers:
1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. Nas
4. Common
5. AZ
6. Notorious B.I.G.
7. Talib Kweli
8. Kool G Rap
9. Masta Ace
10. Lupe Fiasco

"I put my hand on my heart, that means I feel ya/Real recognize real and you lookin familiar." - Jay-Z

DeAnn is the GOAT, you mad?

The LNC stays winning.

Join me on my Musical Trip to the South:
/forums/index.php?topic=7062.0
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
I'm sending shots, it's happy hour
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »

Clayton you got spanked until you learned to do your homework, so imma go ahead and said most likely over 10 times. So the first few times it really did nothing. You had to keep getting hit until you submitted to the will of someone else. C'mon man, you can't just say they knew it wouldn't work cause they never tried it, for all you know them trying alternative punishments might have worked. You have no stone cold proof beyond what you've "seen", the same way I don't.

That's a common misconception you have.  I got spanked about homework a few times over a period of 7 years.  I thought I was slick but I wasn't. It was never because I said, "fuck it I'll take the spanking."

You gotta get out of this mindset that children don't respond to a combination of parenting ad spankings.  It doesn't take long for kids to lear their place girl.  You ain't trying to get hit or caught when you could just do the homework.

Chapter Black's Black Panels Comic (which may feature you). Arc One:
/forums/index.php?topic=5519.0 

Paul Bearer's Weekly NFL Discussion
http://paulbearerssportsdiscussion.blogspot.com/
harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »

That's a common misconception you have.  I got spanked about homework a few times over a period of 7 years.  I thought I was slick but I wasn't. It was never because I said, "fuck it I'll take the spanking."

You gotta get out of this mindset that children don't respond to a combination of parenting ad spankings.  It doesn't take long for kids to lear their place girl.  You ain't trying to get hit or caught when you could just do the homework.
I never said children don't respond to it, you assumed that's how I felt
 I said I don't believe in it. And I never said that kids we pick a spanking over homework. I was simply pointing out that like any parenting method it takes timd and repetition. Your making assumptions based on how you think I feel instead of how I do feel

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »

I never said children don't respond to it, you assumed that's how I felt
 I said I don't believe in it. And I never said that kids we pick a spanking over homework. I was simply pointing out that like any parenting method it takes timd and repetition. Your making assumptions based on how you think I feel instead of how I do feel

Actually, I've made assumptions based on what you typed.

You made it seems as if spanking weren't working because you assumed that I was spanked repeatedly with no results.

And how can you say you "you never said children don't respond to it, but you don't believe it?"  That makes no sense really.  It doesn't matter how much repetition you give a method like time-pit, the majority of kids won't learn their lesson from that.  And that is also fact.

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2010, 11:39:18 PM »

Actually, I've made assumptions based on what you typed.

You made it seems as if spanking weren't working because you assumed that I was spanked repeatedly with no results.

And how can you say you "you never said children don't respond to it, but you don't believe it?"  That makes no sense really.  It doesn't matter how much repetition you give a method like time-pit, the majority of kids won't learn their lesson from that.  And that is also fact.
just because something may produce certain results doesn't mean I have to believe in its practice. And you were spanked repeatedly, you were spanked multiple times.... what does repeatedly mean in your world. And if most people think like you and yours that an alternative punishment won't work so why bother, then of course there's a majority of children that won't respond. And sine according to you I'm a rarity that makes you the norm.

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »

just because something may produce certain results doesn't mean I have to believe in its practice. And you were spanked repeatedly, you were spanked multiple times.... what does repeatedly mean in your world. And if most people think like you and yours that an alternative punishment won't work so why bother, then of course there's a majority of children that won't respond. And sine according to you I'm a rarity that makes you the norm.

So you're blaming the fact that alternative means don't work on a lack of faith?  Wherdeydoddat?  That's laughable.

You act as if 1 time-out solved all your disciplinary issues. 

Yes, i am the norm.  A nigga who got beat when they got wrong and learned from it as opposed to having faith that being in time-out would keep me out of jail.

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »

So you're blaming the fact that alternative means don't work on a lack of faith?  Wherdeydoddat?  That's laughable.

You act as if 1 time-out solved all your disciplinary issues. 

Yes, i am the norm.  A nigga who got beat when they got wrong and learned from it as opposed to having faith that being in time-out would keep me out of jail.
ok I understand now... short sentences.

PEOPLE DON'T THINK IT WILL WORK, SO THEY DON'T TRY IT.

Better?

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:59 PM »

ok I understand now... short sentences.

PEOPLE DON'T THINK IT WILL WORK, SO THEY DON'T TRY IT.

Better?

No.

Based on the majority, it HASN'T worked so people don't try it.

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »

No.

Based on the majority, it HASN'T worked so people don't try it.
Lol how can you say something hasn't worked when were going off the opinion that you represent the majority. And you nor you family has EVER tried it. If people don't try they can't honestly say it hasn't/won't work.

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »

Lol how can you say something hasn't worked when were going off the opinion that you represent the majority. And you nor you family has EVER tried it. If people don't try they can't honestly say it hasn't/won't work.

LMAO. My family didn't try it because they knew better.  Just like they didn't try crack

harley_q87
Manolo

« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2010, 12:08:36 AM »

LMAO. My family didn't try it because they knew better.  Just like they didn't try crack
So they didn't try because they didn't think it would work?

THA CORNER RETREAT BOARD
Clayton Bigsby
Global Moderator
Bumpy Johnson
claytonbigsbyTC
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2010, 12:10:36 AM »

So they didn't try because they didn't think it would work?

They KNEW from experience that it wouldn't work.  It ain't hard to tell that 1 in ever 10 harley's comes out with any common sense, whether they were you're child or not.

Good night ma'am.   

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: